1. You can increase VO2 max (maximum oxygen intake) is one of the most effective ways to give you stronger lungs and give you a higher tolerance for a greater distance. You can greatly impact your VO2 max ability by adding short intervals of sprinting to your cardio exercises. Try to add 20-60 second intervals every 45-60 minutes for optimal benefits.
2. Sign up for an aerobics class. Aerobics are fantastic for giving you great coordination, flexibility, balance, agility and strength. You will be driven more to perform and push yourself in a group atmosphere, and feeling obliged to go will create consistency.
3. Do a spinning class. Spinning is one of the funnest and most effective ways to increase your cardio performance. Using your legs stimulates maximum blood flow and gets the heart pumping like mad.
4. Eat the foods best for your heart. Foods that contain the good fats and cholesterol are great for supporting a strong healthy heart. You can get these primarily from foods like (walnuts, almonds) sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, flax seeds, salmon, olive oil, sunflower oil.
5. Keep your stress levels low. Learn how to manage your stress. Yoga, meditation, steaming and Epsom salt baths are all great for relaxing your body and promoting a healthy cardio fitness.
6. Circuit training; Circuit training is a great way to increase your heart rate and build lean toned muscle at the same time.
Hopefully you can get something out of these tips. Putting them into practice will help to improve your cardio health, and give you some enjoyment in the process.