We all know how cardio routines can help you lose weight. But which of them do the best job and give you the fastest results?
Although there are no hard rules about which workout is more effective, since a lot depends on what you actually like doing, there are some workouts that tend to be more effective than others simply because they are generally more intense. It is these workouts that I want to share with you in this article. So, if you're looking for fast and effective results, check these workouts out:
1. Jumping rope – OK, you may think that this is a kid's plaything but boxers and other athletes do not use this for no reason. The truth is that jumping rope is a super-effective and time efficient way to get a cardiovascular workout and burn off body fat. You can just take this rope with you to a nearby park and in a matter of minutes you'll be feeling the strain this puts you under. I love incorporating rope jumping with the second workout routine I'll now share.
2. Running – Need I say more? We all know how to run but most of us do not appreciate how incredibly effective it can be. Before you rush to spend hundreds or even thousands of dollars on cardio machines, just go outside and run. If you run fast and include some uphill running, you can get a great workout in just 20 minutes or so.
3. Kickboxing classes – These have become very popular over the past few years and for good reason. Kickboxing, if done intensely, works your entire body from head to toe and burns a lot of calories. Because it requires coordination and different movement than most cardio workout do, even fit people find these workouts challenging.
4. Rowing – I love this workout because it's intense and works the upper body. I find that rowing is the perfect ending to a strength workout as it gives the arms and back an additional push of intensity that makes me feel like I've put in some real work.
5. Stair climbing – This final cardio routine to lose fat may not seem like a cardio workout at all, but I guarantee that it is. If you think about climbing stairs as a sport and not an obligation, you will find that it is one of the best workouts you can do. It is a high intensity workout that requires real effort and burns a lot of calories quickly.
Do these workouts and you will see results.